Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department have separate building with specious laboratories. The department of E & TC built on around 1000 sq.mtr. area with three storey building having lower ground, upper ground and first floor.
The department has taken development as a continuous process. The department has laboratories equipped with modern instrument like Spectrum Analyzer and advance software like MATLAB PROTEUS VSM, Video Processor kit (TMS320C6748), Cadence tool and Labview.
The department has 7 laboratories, special labs called Project lab which is having software’s like MATLAB and PROTEUS for the development of projects. The department is constantly taking efforts for the co-curricular and extracurricular activities. Student has been motivated to present the papers at state level, national level and international level conferences. The department has organized the State level workshop, International Conference ICCIA-2010 and Expert Lectures in the year 2009-10.The department also got the research grant of Rs.2,78,000/- from BCUD Pune.
Class rooms are equipped with latest teaching aids like LCD Projector. All the computers in the Department are connected through networking with the internet facility. Department has got the UPS back round the clock and also generator backup.
To provide knowledge on innovation and research, department is continuously arranging the Expert talk of dignitaries from IIT, NIT and Government colleges and industry people as well. To accelerate the research based project, department/college has subscription to many standard resources like IEEE, ELSEVIER and SPRINGER.
- To impart up to date technical knowledge and skills and produce well-qualified engineers in areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering, who will make qualitative difference in this field
- To inculcate the professional responsibilities to play a leadership role along their diverse career paths and develop capability to utilize engineering skills in industry, research centers, and national laboratories and entrepreneurship
- To address social and cultural breath demanded of them in the modern society
Scope for Employment
- Fresh graduates of electronics and telecommunication engineering find good jobs in their sectors. They can also apply for a job in Central Government, State Governments and their sponsored corporations in public enterprises like All India Radio, Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, Civil Aviation Department; Post and Telegraph Department, Co-ordination Department, Bharat Electronics Limited and few other government undertakings
- The private companies offer excellent pay-packages to skilled and experienced electronics professionals. The private units dealing with manufacture, sales and services of electronics consumer goods require large number of electronics professionals for their functioning.
- Apart from making professional career, one can also do research work in this field by joining PhD programs offered by several institutions across the globe.
- If one wants to take up the role of a professor in the field, the Teaching career is a fruitful one