The Computer Engineering Department at the Sandip Institute of Technology and Research Centre affiliated to Savatribai Phule Pune University, Pune offers at engineering programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Computer Engineering. Department had established in the academic year 2009-10.
The changing development scenario and IT industry expansions are creating increasing growth opportunities for a Computer Engineering professional. Keeping an eye on the prospects, the Department of Computer Engineering is prepared to meet the future challenges. It is playing a leadership role in shaping the education of the 21st Century by providing unique educational and research opportunities in the forefront of Computer Engineering.
Computer Engineering – At SITRC
The Department has 11 labs: Programming Lab, Computer Design Lab, Computer Graphics Lab, Hardware Lab, Computer Network Lab, Software Lab, Digital Electronics Lab, Project Lab and PG Lab. CUDA Teaching Center and Bigdata Lab
Computer engineering department believes in regular student industry interface and thereby consistently organizes many seminars, workshops and guest lectures by eminent personalities in the IT field.
- To provide sound knowledge of computing principles and their applications in scientific and engineering domains
- To develop students’ ability to analyze problem scenarios and evolve solutions involving selected areas of computing
- To expose students to principles and practices of design and development of computing systems
- To enable students to identify new computing trends and understand emerging technologies
- To enable students to gain the ability to identify, formulate, and solve challenging problems both in hardware and software systems.