Department Of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering is a popular field of study for engineering aspirants. A student pursuing Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering can broadly learn about the subgenres of this field, viz., Microelectronics, Embedded Systems / SoC, Communication Engineering / Networking, Digital Signal Processing, Fiber Optics & Photonics and Medical Electronics. This field vastly advances in tandem with the rapid changes in technologies, and finds applications in various important aspects of our lives. At Sandip Foundation, we provide one of the best Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering courses in Maharashtra. It is our aim to provide quality education and up-to-date information on this quickly changing field so that students find it easier to adapt to the pace and demands of this field. Along with comprehensive academic input, we also encourage the students to carry out mini projects and gain hands-on experience with hardware and software tools. Industry visits and expert lectures add a new dimension to the teaching and learning experiences.Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering at SITRCThe Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (E & TC) of SITRC strives to remain among the top Electronics and Telecommunication engineering colleges of Maharashtra. The Department has its own three-storey building that stands on around 1,000 sq m area.The E & TC Department has 12 spacious laboratories. A special lab called Research lab has advanced software such as Cadence, TCAD, LabView, MATLAB and PROTEUS for the development of projects. Classrooms are equipped with latest teaching aids including LCD Projectors. All the computers in the Department are interconnected through networking using the internet facility. The Department is seamlessly powered with round-the-clock UPS and generator backups. The excellent infrastructure and faculty members help us continue being the top Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering course in Maharashtra.The E & TC Department motivates its students to present research papers at conferences in the state, national and international levels. It constantly takes efforts towards co-curricular and extracurricular activities. The Department has also organized State level workshops, international conference called ICCIA-2015 and expert lectures. It has also received a research grant of Rs.3,75,000/- from BCUD, Pune.
- To impart up-to-date technical knowledge and skills and produce well-qualified engineers in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering, who will make qualitative difference in this field
- To inculcate in students professional responsibilities to play leadership roles along their diverse career paths and develop the capability to utilize engineering skills in industry, research centers, and national laboratories and in entrepreneurship
- To address social and cultural breadth demanded of them in the modern society
Strengths of the department are:
- To achieve this objective department have well equipped laboratories, well qualified senior and young dynamic staff having industrial as well as educational experience.
- Department is graced with valuable guidance of the Principal as he is a doctorate in Electronics and Telecommunication.
- To enhance the skill set of students faculties keeps themselves updated with current technology and industry needs. In same regard faculties have published 45 National, 50 International and 30 International journal papers. They have also undergone 44 workshops to adopt technical skills. Senior faculties are resource person for various workshops and conferences in other institutes.
Scope for Employment:
- Fresh graduates of electronics and telecommunication engineering find good jobs in their sectors. They can also apply for a job in Central Government, State Governments and their sponsored corporations in public enterprises like All India Radio, Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, Civil Aviation Department; Post and Telegraph Department, Co-ordination Department, Bharat Electronics Limited and few other government undertakings
- Private companies also offer excellent pay packages to skilled and experienced electronics professionals. Private units dealing with manufacture, sales and services of electronics consumer goods require large number of electronics professionals for their functioning.
- Apart from making a career with public or private sector organizations, one can also conduct research work in this field by joining PhD programs offered by several institutions across the globe.
- A career as a teacher/professor is another fruitful avenue to explore.