Mechanical engineers design and develop everything you think of as a machine – from supersonic fighter jets to bicycles to toasters. And they influence the design of other products as well – shoes, light bulbs and even doors. Many mechanical engineers specialize in areas such as manufacturing, robotics, automotive/transportation and air conditioning. Others cross over into other disciplines, working on everything from artificial organs to the expanding field of nanotechnology. And some use their mechanical engineering degree as preparation for the practice of medicine and law. The mechanical engineer may design a component, a machine, a system or a process. Mechanical engineers will analyze their design using the principles of motion, energy, and force to insure the product functions safely, efficiently, reliably, and can be manufactured at a competitive cost. Mechanical engineers work in the automotive, aerospace, chemical, computer, communication, paper, and power generation industries. Mechanical engineers will be found in virtually any manufacturing industry. Increasingly, mechanical engineers are needed in the environmental and bio-medical fields. Indeed virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer.
The department works with the Mission to provide our students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences, which helps them to serve our society and address a variety of needs. At the end of our program, students are prepared for entry-level work as mechanical engineers as well as for the post-graduate study in mechanical engineering or in another discipline, where a fundamental engineering background constitutes a desirable foundation.
Mechanical Engineering Department at SITRC
The department is having highly qualified, experienced & motivated faculty. The department has state- of- art laboratories with latest testing facilities like multifuel VCR engine, computerized UTM (capacity 100 tons), Computerized diesel engine test rig & imported five gas analyzer for Engines. The CAD centre of the department comprises of latest hardware & software’s like Pro-E wildfire-5, IntelliCAD, Auto-CAD and any other technology required to sharpen the skills of the students. The department also offers consultancy in the field of materials and engine testing.
The Mechanical Engineering Department at SITRC, Nashik will play a major role in evolving the ‘engineering science’ based engineering curriculum, and will served as a role model for many engineering institutes in the country.
Strengths of the department are:
- Experienced and Dedicated Faculty: Having industrial as well as educational experience with diversified interest
- Ultramodern Laboratories
Scope for Employment:
- Graduate School
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Research Labs
- Preparation for other Professions (law, medicine, teaching, etc.)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO I – Graduates will apply knowledge in Mechanical Engineering to improve lives and livelihoods of human beings trough a successful career in industry and other related fields.
PEO II – Graduates will become technologist and innovators to address social, technical and business challenges.
PEO III- Graduates will engage in higher studies, research and other continuous professional development activities.
PEO IV – Graduate will prove as highly motivated and ethical technocrats in society.
After successful completion of B.E Mechanical programme students will have
- An ability to apply knowledge of Science, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering systems.
- An ability to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design systems like Thermal, Robotics, Mechatronics and Machines.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve Mechanical Engineering problems in Thermal, Manufacturing and Machine design.
- Ability to developed awareness and work on emerging technologies like CAD CAM software’s, Robotics.
- An ability to apply Mechanical Engineering knowledge for welfare of society.
- An ability to developed or modify eco friendly and highly reliable systems.
- Responsiveness towards professionalism and ethics.
- An ability to lead and motivate a team for accomplishment of task.
- An ability to communicate effectively for achievements of goals.
- An ability to execute disciplinary and inter disciplinary projects by applying financial knowledge.
- Able to imbibe habit of lifelong learning.