Library uses KOHA Library software package which is integrated multi-user, multi-tasking library information software that supports all in-house operations of the library. The software extends the facilities like Catalogue, Circulation, Utility, Serial Control, and Acquisition. The database of books available in the library is being updated on day to day basis.
The library offers computerized catalogue search services through the online public access catalogue (OPAC). The bibliographic record has the data of more than 30,000 books available in the Library. OPAC is placed in the user area for the library users to access the OPAC. In this form we can search the library item by filling the required fields. Such as: Item type, Subject, Title, Author, Member name etc. and click the ‘ Search ‘ the searched information will appear on the screen in a tabular form, with full details regarding the items.
- The books circulation time is between 10.00AM to 5.00PM
- The books issuing norms for students:
- UG (FE (All Students): 05 Books for 01 Semester.
- UG (SE = 03 | TE = 04 | BE = 05 Books) for 8 days.
- Research Scholars (ME | Ph.D.): 03 Books for 15 days.
- The book issuing norms for faculty,
- Teaching Faculty: 05 Books for 30 days
- Non-Teaching Faculty: 05 Books for 15 Days
- Reading room facility (Books, Reference Books, Journal Magazines, News Papers etc.) is provided to the users form 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the library premises.
- Reading room is available for the Students and Faculty during 08:30 AM to 07:00 PM.
- During the examination period reading room is kept open up from 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM for the Students.
- Student/Faculty can refer printed documents and non-printed materials like CD in the library during the specified period.
- Reference services are provided to the users from 10.00 A. M. to 5.00 P. M. Users can refer printed documents and non printed materials like CD in the library during the specified period.
- Photocopying facilities are available at the library for all the readers. The service is given at the subsidized rate of Rs 1 per page.
Book Bank Services
- Book Bank facility is provided to Under Graduate (UG) SC/ST Students.
- Book Bank Books are issued to such students for one semester
- Library Book Bank has a collection of more than 5100 Books.
The digital library has been used for accessing the electronic resources subscribed by library. It is enabled with computing facility with wired network as well as Wifi.
The digital library provides access to the following:
- Open Access e- resources
- Question Papers
The user’s can access the previous year Question Papers.