Department Of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering is a popular field of study for engineering aspirants. A student pursuing Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering can broadly learn about the subgenres of this field, viz., VLSI, Embedded Systems / SoC, Mobile Communication Engineering / Networking, Digital Signal Processing, Fiber Optics & Photonics and Audio-Video Engineering, Automation. This field vastly advances in tandem with the rapid changes in technologies, and finds applications in various important aspects of our lives. Now a days E&TC is the most demanding branch as it fulfills most of the requirements of Make in India, Digital India and Smart cities. At Sandip Foundation, we provide one of the best Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering courses in Maharashtra. It is our aim to provide quality education and up-to-date knowledge on this quickly changing field so that students should adapt to the pace and demands of this field.
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (E & TC) of SITRC strives to remain among the top Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering colleges of Maharashtra. The Department has its own two-stored building with 10 spacious laboratories. Laboratories are well equipped with advanced software such as Cadence, TCAD, LabView, MATLAB and PROTEUS and hardwaresuch as Spectrum Analyzer, DSP Processor, Universal IC Tester, DSO, Antenna System Analyzerand CROfor the development of projects. Classrooms are equipped with latest teaching aids including LCD Projectors with one of the classrooms having interactive board for ICT. All the computers in the department are interconnected through networking with the internet facility. The Department is seamlessly powered with round-the-clock UPS and generator backups.
The excellent infrastructure and qualified faculty members take efforts to continue being the top Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering course in Maharashtra. Along with comprehensive academic input, we also encourage the students to carry out mini projects and gain hands-on experience with hardware and software tools. They have developed 3D Printer and Vending Machine in the lab itself under the guidance of teachers.
Industry visits and expert lectures [13 Visits & 35 Expert Lectures in Last 5 Years] add a new dimension to the teaching and learning experiences. To provide a platform to students, department has started Industry-Institute Interaction Cell [III Cell] under which 20 MOUs are inked with reputed industries for various technical activities. More than 160 Students have done internship in various industries under III cell.Students are flourished with Value added courses [16 VAPs in last 5 years] to cope up with growing technologies used in Industries. Department encourages students to become an entrepreneur.
The E & TC Department motivates its students to present research papers at conferences in the state, national and international levels[Total Publication 330 in last 5 years] and to patent their innovative Ideas. Currently there are 47 patents filed by department. It constantly takes efforts towards co-curricular and extracurricular activities for over all development of students. The Department has organized State level, National and International level events like workshops, conferences and expert lectures. For this department has received a grant of Rs. 2,75,000/- from BCUD, Pune.
E&TC department runs post graduate course in VLSI & Embedded systems. Department also has Research Centre affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. There are university recognized guides under them 8 students are pursuing the PhD. With this, department has nurtured research culture amongst the students.
- To impart up-to-date technical knowledge and skills and produce well-qualified engineers in the areas of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, who will make qualitative difference in this field.
- To inculcate in students professional responsibilities to play leadership roles along their diverse career paths and develop the capability to utilize engineering skills in industry, research centers, and national laboratories and in entrepreneurship..
- To address social and cultural breadth demanded of them in the modern society.
Strengths of the department are:
- To achieve this objective department have well equipped laboratories, well qualified senior and young dynamic staff having industrial as well as educational experience.
- Department is graced with valuable guidance of the Principal as he is a doctorate in Electronics and Telecommunication.
- To enhance the skill set of students faculties keeps themselves updated with current technology and industry needs. Senior faculties are resource person for various workshops and conferences in other institutes
Scope for Employment:
- Fresh graduates of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering find good jobs in their sectors. They can also apply for a job in Central Government, State Governments and their sponsored corporations in public enterprises like All India Radio, Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, Civil Aviation Department; Post and Telegraph Department, Co-ordination Department, Bharat Electronics Limited and few other government undertakings
- Private companies also offer excellent pay packages to skilled and experienced electronics professionals. Private units dealing with manufacture, sales and services of electronics consumer goods require large number of electronics professionals for their functioning.
- Apart from making a career with public or private sector organizations, one can also conduct research work in this field by joining PhD programs offered by several institutions across the globe.
- A career as a teacher/professor is another fruitful avenue to explore.